We are a locally owned, family run, company located in southern Vermont. We specialize in solar photovoltaic electric installation and cold climate air to air heat pumps.
Eric Shenholm, Founder/Proprietor of Saxtons River Solar Electric LLC (SRSE), Main Installer, Consultant.
Eric began his career in solar electric in northern Vermont in the 1970s. He then spent many years in the building and renovations field. Eric returned to solar technology in 2011, starting Saxtons River Solar Electric, LLC (SRSE). That year he also formed a neighborhood community solar project called, The Saxtons River Solar Collective, which is installed in the back meadow of his property, and now serves nine families (55kW).
In response to customer requests for pairing solar electric with heat pumps for heating and cooling, Eric completed the highest level of professional training to install heat pumps.
- Vermont Provisional Solar Partner/Installer
- Elite Contractor for Fujitsu Heat Pump Installations
- EPA Certified Refrigeration R410-A Technician, Type 1 and Type 2
- Partner-installers for Green Mountain Power’s Heat Pump Lease Program (soon to be entering our third year)
Anya Bredbeck, Lead Installer.
Anya, Eric’s daughter, has been working in the trades for ten years, and installing solar electric and heat pumps for two years. She recently earned an EPA Type 1 Certification for heat pump expertise. She lives in Westminster, Vermont with her family.
EPA Certified Refrigeration Technician, Type 1
Above right in the photo: Stephen Bourne comes on board to help install solar and/or heat pumps when we need an extra hand. He has his own excellent woodworking business.
- Efficiency Vermont: Efficiency Excellence Network Member: https://www.efficiencyvermont.
com/find-contractor-retailer? provider=contractor&search= saxtons-river-solar-electric
- Renewable Energy Vermont: Rev Partner Installer: http://www.revermont.org/?s=
- Vermont Businesses For Social Responsibility: http://vbsr.org/member_